CHEESE, PISTACHIO AND RAISIN CAKE
- 250g (9oz) plain flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 150g (6oz) Extra mature cheddar cheese – cut into small chunks
- 75g (3oz) shelled pistachios – roughly chopped
- 100g (4oz) raisins
- 4 free range eggs
- 150ml (5floz) olive oil
- 100ml (3 ½ oz ) milk
- 1tsp salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oeven to 180oc, 350of, gas mark 4 and line a loaf tin measuring 22x11cm with greaseproof paper.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, cheese, pistachios and raisins.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until pale and fluffy. Then whisk in the olive oil and milk gradually. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture – don’t overbeat the mixture as you will knock all the air out stopping the loaf from rising.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 30-40 minutes, until a metal skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin before serving. Serve with butter and cheese.